Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today is a day where families and friends get together and share their gratitude for what they have. I'm definitely grateful for my family and friends and also the internet! With the internet, I can share all sorts of stuff with folks like you, like THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR! See, it all ties together.

First, cats: A website called Average Cats created a site that parodies the very famous site I Can has Cheezburger and is created by the folks behind My Life is Average. Essentially it's a factual cat image macro site. Pictures of cats with captions on them detailing truth.




Second, books: Apathy and Other Small Victories was recommended to me by friend and former guest Robbie. It's one of the funniest books I've ever read, right up there with Hitchhiker's and Scott Pilgrim. About a dude who wants to care about nothing and hijinks. Please read it.


Third, being alive: Rom Houben was in a car crash and presumed to be in a vegetative state after the fact. 23 years later, they find that he was not, but had "locked-in syndrome" where the patient is "unable to speak or move but can think and reason". For 23 years he was alive, awake and aware, with no way of telling anyone. At least the character in "Johnny Got his Gun" had morse code! Let's all be thankful for being alive and actually living.



-James

Now playing: Faith No More - Zombie Eaters

No comments: