Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I expect you to fix this Ellen

So apparently, Birmingham, the second largest city in England, has:

"decided to drop apostrophes from all its street signs,
saying they're confusing and old-fashioned.
But some purists are downright possessive about the punctuation mark."


Link to Article

PURISTS?! I'm sorry, but I don't think someone who wants to keep one of the basic punctuation marks in the English language is a purist. I think they just have a 3rd grade education and realize how fucking STUPID this is.

Well, the council of Birmingham has been apparently dealing with this since the 1950s. For some reason this is a very controversial issue. But recently, the council has made a decision, no apostrophes anymore! Councilman Martin Mullaney said this:

"Apostrophes denote possessions that are no longer accurate,
and are not needed," he said. "More importantly, they confuse people. If I want to go to a restaurant, I don't want to have an A-level (high school diploma) in English to find it."


WHO IS THIS GUY?! How was he elected to his position? This is ridiculous.


-James

Now playing: VultureMoose - Power Force

No comments: