Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You MANeater!

Dearest blog readers,
My name is Dash. Let me begin by stating that I have a very foggy understanding of my parents lives from before the time I was four years old.

Some fun facts!
-My father was once a professional soccer goalie.
-My mother once claimed to have done Speed when she was hanging out with some bikers (for an undisclosed amount of time) and that it wa
s "no big deal".
-My stepfather has seen Einsturzende Neubauten in concert.

Anyhoo! I have recently acquired an mp3 which, at the EXACT SAME TIME, clears and confuses the lives of my family. The following paragraph is entirely based on what I can ascertain and glean, using my wits and imagination, about my heritage based on this mp3.

At some point in the winter of 1982, my mother and stepfather, and, PERHAPS, my father, were residing in the frozen college town of Ithaca, NY. Many of the residents of this town went to college, and the college radio station (WTKO) played nothing but sweet-ass '80s music...the best singles of the BEST singles. One of the local college DJs was named Ray Noone. The mp3 being presented to you, dear reader, is a recorded document of one Ray Noone, drunk as a skunk, broadcasting his final show of 1982. As the final half hour of that glorious year countdown, WITNESS (with your ears) a man being more awesome then you can imagine. I may never fully understand what my parents did with themselves in their "glory" days, but I DO KNOW that they listened to awesome music presented by bitchingly wasted disc jockeys. WITNESS (with your ears) the majesty that is RAY NOONE.

No comments: