Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New comics taken from old comics. FUN!

By now I'd imagine most savvy folks are familiar with "Garfield Minus Garfield", the hilarious comic that takes Garfield strips, removes Garfield, and showcases Jon as a depressed schizophrenic leading an awful life.  Today I'd like to introduce you to "Scott Meets the Family Circus".

Scott Gairdner is hilarious Los Angeles comedy dude involved in sketch comedy and internet videos.  He also takes "Family Circus" comics, then adds "unseen" panels where he shows up and tells everyone in the Circ-verse to stop being dumb.

I feel really stoked to live in a world where this kind of stuff is so easy to produce and distribute.  Especially THIS kind of stuff.  As a long-time fan of comic stuff, my gateway drug was newspaper comics.  Newspaper comics are mostly atrocious.  SURE there are a few select exceptions, but I believe newspaper comics were invented for those rare weirdos that will sit and read an entire 'paper from cover to cover and need a little dose of entertainment.  Guh.  Anyways, I'm a big fan of this and hope more people find cool ways to make fun of the funnies.

-Dash

No comments: