Saturday, May 16, 2009

James' Adventure in Snackery

Oh boy oh boy. Are you all in for a treat. I bought something recently and decided to photograph my experience with it. And here we go!

Hey everyone, my name is James. Howwedoin'.



So, I decided to go to 7-11 the other day because I had a hankering for ice cream. Not just any ice cream mind you, but Ben and Jerry's "Americone Dream".



This is probably my favorite ice cream. Here, take a closer look.



And when I was going to the freezer to get the ice cream, I passed a promotional cardboard shelf thing that had the Cheetos brand name on it. I took a closer look and saw this.



Whaaaaaat?! Cheetos "Giant"? I decided to buy it (59 cents, c'mon), but not without a certain amount of trepidation.



Well, I bought it right? Time to open it up and see what horrors or wonders lurk inside.



I reach in and pull out...this.



Looks sort of like a bright orange marshmallow right? Definitely didn't feel like it though. It was rough and hard, like a man's heart after years of bitter marriage. And, as you can see, I was still wary of this...thing.


Here you can compare the orange behemoth to other objects.



The time had come. It was now or never, do or die! FIGHT OR FLIGHT, MEOW OR WOOF. To put it simply, it was time to bite the bullet, err...giant cheeto.



Hmmmmmmmm.



And another bite.



Do I like it? Do I hate it? Am I completely and absolutely ambivalent towards this crazily large, "cheez"-flavored foodstuff?!



Consensus? DELICIOUS. Or at least as delicious as Cheetos go.



So, my feelings on these so-called "Giant Cheetos". Though tasty, I don't feel that this particular line of snack will take off. I don't think I'd buy a big bag full of these guys because honestly...they're too big! They're just too cumbersome and awkward. And what's the difference between this and those Cheetos balls aside from a size difference? Nothing. Seems like a lazy idea to me. But go ahead and get one of the small bags and see for yourself.

If you do try them, email us at wearefriendspodcast@gmail.com

Thanks for joining me in this wild ride everyone!

-James

Now playing: Stressed Out - Depression


PS, The aftermath

No comments: