Saturday, January 10, 2009

This makes the Jedi "religion" legitimate

So the coolest toy EVER is coming out! Gator Golf 2! USING REAL GATORS.

Just kidding guys, sorry. However, go ahead and make a Mr. Bucket toy using a real bucket.

Anyway, the greatest toy ever is this thing:

(No, not the child! Well, I think he's sold separately at least)

It's called the "Force Trainer". The WHAT. THAT'S RIGHT, STAR WARS IS REAL. No no, sorry everyone who reads this blog (mom), however it is pretty neat. I'll let USA Today explain:

The Force Trainer (expected to be priced at $90 to $100) comes with a headset that uses brain waves to allow players to manipulate a sphere within a clear 10-inch-tall training tower, analogous to Yoda and Luke Skywalker's abilities in the Star Wars films.

In the Force Trainer, a wireless headset reads your brain activity, in a simplified version of EEG medical tests, and the circuitry translates it to physical action. If you focus well enough, the training sphere, which looks like a ping-pong ball, will rise in the tower.

The article goes on to talk about another toy using this same technology, however without the Star Wars aspect. So what the hell is the point of making it? I ASK YOU.
Mind-control games may be the coming thing: Mattel plans to demonstrate a Mind Flex game (also due this fall), which uses brain-wave activity to move a ball through a tabletop obstacle course, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Thursday.

My prediction? In fifteen years, video games won't need controllers anymore. It'll be all brain power. And I dunno about you, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I wouldn't play an online game with this technology. Then I'll get some hacker going in my brain and putting gigs of goatse, lemonparty and tubgirl jpegs, and NO ONE wants that.

Speaking of toys, listener and oft mentioned cool person, Josh "Raincoat" sent me this little goodie:


















That's an "AVENGING NARWHAL" killing some little seal. I have no idea why, but I'm assuming it has something to do with vengeance.

It comes with four tusks and four "Natural Enemies", a seal, a penguin and a god-damned Koala bear. Koala bears shouldn't mess with anything, especially a giant walrus thing with a giant ass bone sticking out of it's face.

Oh and each of these enemies comes with a hole where, as you can plainly see, shove one those tusks through it's unbelievably cute body.


















Do you see this shit?! The ruby tusk DRAINS YOUR FUCKING BLOOD. This is the most metal toy ever. Buy this for your little metalhead instead of that jewelery I showed you.

-James

Now playing: The Beach Boys - God Only Knows [Stereo Mix]

PS This album (Pet Sounds) owns my life.

No comments: